Research shows that people who gossip often are happier than those
who don't. Chatting is good for you. Here are ten reasons why a
good chin-wag is great for your health and happiness.
- It gives you confidence. Practising your chat techniques with friends can help a
lot when you come to meet other people. If you are confident speaker within your group
of friends you will find it easier to chat to strangers and new people.
- You learn things. The more you chat to people the more you will learn which will
make for much more fruitful and interesting conversations in other parts of your
- Pronunciation is key. It is great to read a lot, to know a lot of words and to
how to use them. However if you stumble on their pronunciation it can be a
little embarrassing. Saying tricky words out loud is the only way to get them
- You get to observe. Take note when chatting to other people. If you notice
things that annoy you when you are chatting, like people not listening or always
cutting in, you will learn what to avoid yourself.
- You look more sociable. Chatting easily when out and about with friends will
make you look more sociable to anyone who is watching. Get into the habit of
making your immediate company the focus of your conversation.
- Fill the silences. When you are well versed in the art of chatting it will be
easier to fill awkward silences when out on a date or meeting someone for the
first time. It will come in handy when you meet people that you really want to
- Your face gets exercise. In the age of Botox this might not sound like such a
good thing but a face with well exercised muscles finds it easier to smile. Who
can resist a warm, welcoming smile?
- The gift of the gab. Practise makes perfect in any situation. If you are someone
who chats often without a complex, you will be intriguing everyone you speak to
with what you have to say.
- It makes you happy. Research shows that chatting is not only fun, it actually
makes you happier. A good gossip every day releases endorphins that make you
feel naturally happier. What better reason can there be to get on the phone and
have a little chat?
- Chatting to someone is easy! People from all over the UK are chatting, flirting
and dating live on our lines right now. Whether you are from Glasgow, Cardiff,
Birmingham, Manchester or London, phone and chat with someone